It's strange.

Why would it be that a common theme of sacrificing one's self for another is honorable?

Why would "God" in the form of "Jesus Christ" do this?

Who else in the history of our planet has demonstrated this to the fullest? Gandhi? Muhammad? Buddha?

What is it about personal sacrifice that makes my actions selfish or unselfish?

When I live to serve my own interests, I have found emptiness, longing, and a perpetual sense of non-fulfillment. Why is it that when I step outside my interests, and actually honor someone else's needs or wants, I am actually more fulfilled than I ever was serving myself?

I don't understand. Is this simply what is expected of me? Does my daughter deserve the right to search my pockets without compunction, or should I curtail her efforts as a form of discipline?

Should I let my wife lay on the couch watching shows all day, while I work a full shift, then come home and make dinner for the family? Does it matter that she is pregnant?

Does it matter whether I am truly "wrestling" with these questions, or I have already decided for myself how I will answer them?

Is it okay to let a kid under 2 years old use my hair as a stabilizer when sitting on my shoulders? Even when that usage gives me a headache?