Ultima VII: The Black Gate used a game engine that was really, really flexible.

In Britain, it was possible to talk to the baker, Willy. Willy bakes sweetest bread on the whole world, and offers to buy flour.

He also pays you for baking bread! This sort of flexibility is something that is regrettably not seen too often in CRPGs; It was completely unheard of when the game came out, and even today's new games it's not always certain...

Instructions are just marginally simpler than what bread baking is in RL:

  1. Take some flour, pour it on a table.
  2. Add water.
  3. Put dough into an oven.
  4. Wait until the bread is done.
  5. Mmm-mm!

Of course, this is not the only place where you can make bread... You can also do this in Lord British's castle which has a room with oven, table, water and lots of flour sacks.

(When Ultima IX: Ascension was in production, the hottest question about level of detail in the world was, of course, whether or not it was possible to bake bread. For comparision, with the first incarnation of Infinity Engine used in Baldur's Gate, it was not possible to do things like this. Apparently such things would theoretically be possible in BG2... and the Aurora Engine in Neverwinter Nights not only allows it but also gives that power to your average game modder.