I have had a lengthy absence from E2 for the past few months.

It all started about 3 months ago when I was researching some ancestry, in the hope to find a quick and painless way into the UK to earn some bucks. It turns out that my grandmother was born there, and with any luck, this may mean I will be able to gain a working permit and start earning mega-pounds (a pound, when sent home, being worth around six million local dollars).

A day’s research got me a little closer to my goal (and a bit more besides as will soon be a lot clearer), I had the details of her place of birth, and how to apply for her birth and marriage certificates over the internet. During my research I popped into E2 for a bit of light-hearted catboxing, and distribution of surplus votes.

Unbeknownst to me, my every move was being scrutinised, as someone with a microscope studies creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water (Uooo-laaaa!).

The next day I received a phone call from my Team Leader to pop up for a visit. I did so, and he plonked a 7-page document in front of me. It was a list of Internet sites - a very long list. I recognised some of them, a lot of them, well actually all of them. "What the..." says I. He told me that the security group at the organisation that I work for often report high usage to the manager of heavy internet users, and this was the list of sites I had visited in a 6-hour period (needless to say not a lot of work had been done that day).

I was told that I had had the second-highest internet usage that day. "Well, that’s a silver medal then" says I. I didn’t bother asking who was first, although in hindsight it would be very interesting to know now. Suffice to say, I came up with some feeble excuses, but he just said not to worry, just be aware that Big Brother is Watching.

Since that day I have been monitoring my Internet usage. Hence, my lack of noding of late. Yes, I pop in to see who is still about, how my nodes are faring, and that all is happy and bubbly in the world of Everythingites, but little else.

I’ll try to node a bit more now that things are quietening down a bit more for me here too. Hopefully before long I’ll be off to another job, where they don’t have my over-zealous surfing on record, and I can partake a little more.

Stay tuned...