Killed How to explain conservatism to your squishy liberal friends, which was a cut-and-paste job from a column by P.J. O'Rourke. Funny conservatives are too rare to endanger the species by depriving them of income. Well, intentionally funny conservatives are, anyhow...

Killed UH-60 Black Hawk by nero after a series of fruitless attempts by e-mail to get the scoundrel to give credit to www.fas.org just like everyone else does, and to reformat the text properly.

Other military-hardware writeups by nero are probably also taken from www.fas.org, so if you confirm any, please go ahead and nuke them. He's been warned and hasn't done anything.

More nero ex-writeups:

Also nipped in the bud: Ldh's abortive attempt at noding the contents of Shel Silverstein's "Uncle Shelby's ABZ Book: A Primer for Adults Only". Tried msging the noder, got no response.

And finally: Ouch. I stubbed my toe on John Hughes., which should have been under John Hughes and, more importantly, was taken from http://www.riverblue.com/hughes/ without credit.


Ouch. I stubbed my toe on my itchy trigger finger. After talking with Belli, I asked dem bones to reinstate the writeup so that it can be rewritten and credited. I still maintain, as a pain-in-the-ass librarian who cares about subject authority files, that it would be most easily found and most appropriately noded under John Hughes, but I'll let Belli decide whether to request a node title edit.