Of course based on the other writeups this node should really be college is for stupid people, but thats just me being picky.

The part of that argument that I find most problematic is not so much the question of whether you need a college degree to become a computer c.e.o, but the assumption by so many that you would want to. That some how it is to be taking for granted that everyone wants to plan his or her career path with making the most possible money as the ultimate goal. While having enough money to support yourself and if you have one your family is important, their are other reasons to chose a job.

The other problem is that it assumes that knowing anything outside of your field, in this case the field of computers is useless, and any desire to have knowledge for the sake of knowledge is highly suspect. I notice that a lot of people in the computer industry become very focused on computers, and issues related to the tech industry and ignore the rest of the world. Very few people go to liberal arts colleges to become trained for a specific field, the point of a liberal arts education is to learn how to learn, and to be exposed to lots of different things, not just the world of computers.