"Run *toward* the volcano, Virgo!"
Thank you, Rob Brezsny of Free Will Astrology, the only horoscope worth reading (for us Virgos, at least.)
VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): My acquaintance Beth had a dream that she and her tribe were living peacefully at the foot of a mountain. Without warning, fiery ash and lava erupted. Everyone fled, desperate to escape. But before she had gone far, Beth heard a voice in her head say, "Run *toward* the volcano; it's your only safety." Feeling an inexplicable trust in the voice, she turned around and started heading back, whereupon the dream ended and she woke up. Soon after getting out of bed, she felt moved to face up to a certain dilemma she'd been ignoring in her waking life. When she solved the problem a day later, she felt gratitude for the dream that had spurred her to do the right thing. Moral of the story, Virgo: Run toward the volcano.
I have been able to adopt this advice semi-successfully today, running towards the perceived danger of a teaching job. Kee-rist. Still procrastinating away, at this late hour...but...but...

Found a white iris at the flower stand. I love pointy irises--that's the best way to buy them, when they look like little wet paintbrushes.

Had a moment of grace on the street, walking towards work: Everyone looked like a character actor. The man with half his tie blown over his shoulder; the woman talking on her cell phone; the woman with the very tight dress walking up the street, leaving a wake of people not-looking; a very pregnant lady talking to a friend about pregnancy, the tone of the conversation saying clearly that at forty, this was her first time; a visitor to the city looking up, then suddenly down and ahead, and then slowly back up.