I had a very similar experience when I took "X" (as you americans call it!) for the first time.

Same kind of story, I was younger though, about 15 or 16, (about 7 years ago) went to a club with a load of friends, took the pill, and danced around waiting for this reportedly amazing rush of euphoria and love for your fellow clubbers. I took a half at first, on advice from some of the older guys, but after and hour, nothing was happening and I was becoming impatient, so I took the other half. The rest of the night was pretty much a blur, but I do remember thinking my heart was going to explode it was beating so fast and hard, not unlike the music. I did think that I was going to die at one stage, and I started to cry. Luckily, there were other people in the chill-out room who were as fucked up as me, if not more, so I stayed in there and we all sort of helped each other out, aided by the bar staff bringing us trays of fresh fruit. (damn, did that taste good at the time!)

The experience was an unpleasant one, but it didn't put me off taking it again. The second time was much better as I was far more sensible about how much I took and it was one of the best nights out I ever had.

I don't think it's fair to title your node "bad ecstasy", sure, the pills EVERYBODY gets are laced with all sorts of shit, but if you take too much of anything, especially if you have never taken it before, there is a pretty good chance you will skag. (Irish slang for "get fucked up on "X"") It's like booze or dope, you have to be sensible about what your body can handle. I know guys who can go out and do six or seven pills in a few hours in a night club without freaking out or skagging. They can take it, but I know that if I did that I would probably pop my clogs, so you have to find your limit and stick to it.

Taking a full pill the first time is a pretty dumb thing to do in fairness. I know from my experience above. Maybe if you had been more sensible about the whole thing you would have had a better time.


(Holy shit, do I sound like a junkie or what?)