quoted from the lycaeum entheogen archive:

MDE or MDEA (N-ethyl-methylendioxyamphetamine):

Commonly called "Eve" (if MDMA is "Adam", MDE is "Eve", get it?), MDE is similar to MDMA, though it seems to turn the subject inwards and invite less communication than does MDMA.

Subjective differences between MDE and MDMA:

While the effects of these two substances are sufficiently similar to make differentiation difficult, there are some significant subjective differences. MDE is somewhat less potent than MDMA, a typical dose being in the range 100-160mg (as opposed to 80-140mg). At large doses, MDE may resemble MDA (methylenedioxy amphetamine), although its psychedelic effects are less; it is a "stoning" intoxicant, and in particular can make walking or dancing difficult. Large doses of MDMA can have a similar effect, although it seems that somewhat more can be used without incurring the almost drunken intoxication. In smaller amounts, MDE greatly resembles MDMA, although the physical and tactile effects are generally perceived as being prevalent. The emotional opening and empathic effects for which MDMA is famous, although present, do not seem to be as pronounced. As a substance of abuse at raves, MDE has the possible advantage over MDMA that the user is less likely to embarass him/herself in public through inappropriate empathy. On the other hand, MDE is more likely to temporarily incapacitate the user at normal doses.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.