In the supermarket
, look for a fowl
that indeed has an ass like a chicken
. Take it home and prepare it:
- Rub it down with blackberry or peach brandy.
- Place 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, place the "ass like a chicken" birds in the pan.
- Sprinkle with fresh black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add some Chinese Five Spice if you have some.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes per side.
- Add one cup of brandy to the pan. Be careful, brandy can ignite!
- Re-cover and simmer for 8 more minutes per side, spooning the brandy over the fowl every few minutes.
- Serve with rice or parsley and buttered egg noodles.
And that's what you can do with the bird that has an ass like a chicken and a strange nodeshell.