3/3/15. {Insert number of years} and my life is still / trying to get up that great big hill....

Apologies in advance for this meandering stream of consciousness.

This daylog is my 700th node. I'm officially entering the 700 Club, which is perhaps like the mile-high club, but without the definitive conclusion. This is especially important to people who give special significance to numbers evenly divisible along a base ten number system. So the question of the day remains.... What's going on?

Well, I learned that the reason your microwave oven notoriously leaves cold spots in your food is because microwaves really do come in waves. Think sine waves, with the low points being the ones not getting any energy distributed to them, and so not cooking. But even more importantly, I learned that a grape can destroy your microwave. Seriously, if you have a spare microwave oven and want to see it go up well, slice a grape nearly (but not all the way in half, leaving a bit of skin connecting the two halves. Put it in the microwave split-side-up and let run. The concentration of microwave energy all going into that little grape will cause the tenuous connecting grape skin to explode into a ball of plasma, the fourth state of matter.

In celebration of these fun facts, and today's and other like-minded milestones, I have decided to return to node auditing in the near future. And for that, TheDeadGuy and Transitional Man are in the queueue. I node-audited jessicaj a while back, but am going to go through those again as well. Blessings, all!!