In the crystal labyrinth
You are in a dazzling crystal maze, with passages leading out to the north, south, and west.
With an audible sputter, the cooling unit of your spacesuit finally gives out.
> remove spacesuit
You take off your spacesuit and drop it on the ground.
You wander through the maze of glass until you find yourself at another intersection...
In the crystal labyrinth
You are in a dazzling crystal maze, with passages leading out to the north, west, and east.
The cool breeze ruffles the feathers of your wings.
You stretch your wings and soar into the sky.
Flying above the crystal labyrinth
You are hovering above the crystal labyrinth; from this perspective, it looks like a mind-bogglingly complex mandala. There is no way you could have possibly navigated it on the ground -- in fact, it almost gives you a headache. Much more relaxing is the cloudless, sparkling blue sky all around you.
from Photopia by Adam Cache, finalist for the 1998 Xyzzy Award in Best Game
play it at <www.ifiction.org/games/play.php?cat=39&game=332&mode=html>
A pale white Aston Martin convertible is the conveyance of Klaproth during his mortal errands
- PFLAG by Packet_Storm superseded
- Index of Best Lines by Filthy Ike an interesting argument that we may wish to index poetry by their “best line” not their first line, however, this is supported by Our Project without the need for an actual index by nodeshelling
- node-fu by Pike
- February 26, 2004 by Taliesin's Muse at the noder’s request
- Dot's Poetry Corner by DaVinciLe0 superseded
- nanometer by a new noder referred to the mentoring program
- math-coprocessor by Zorin replaced by firmlink
- Stewed dog by B1llymo off-topic rant about the Korean practice of eating dog meat, largely plagiarized from Salon
- Milo by Gorgonzola replaced by firmlink at the esteemed noder’s request
- Ronin by Kazeryu superseded
- Autochthonous and Nescience by Garibald
the noder couldn't pass for Webster_1913 at a party
- Discworld MUD Skill System by Garibald an index of the skills available in the Discworld MUD that was not quite begun and, thankfully, never completed
- Order of Midnight, Ancient and Truly Original Sages of the Unbroken Circle, Mrs. Widgery's Lodgers, Ancient and Truly Original Brothers of the Silver Star by Garibald
descriptions of The Eight Orders of Wizardry as represented in the Discworld MUD
- Myrandil's Vicious Seizure, Grisald's Reanimated Guardian, Von Hasselhoff's Skin Condition by Garibald Archwizard Klaproth will intrigued to hear of these spells
- node-fu by --OutpostMir--, TheNastyCanasty, Nanosecond, RolloThomasi, and vuo at one time node-fu was a more highly regarded metric than it is in this day and age
- ylang-ylang by Trabic off topic
- Un Chien Andalou by Minderbender off-topic lyrics
- Un Chien Andalou by s_drey the noder promises to actually view the film real soon, but the viewing ought to occur before the noding
- Are you pondering what I'm pondering? by Powers superseded
- commons deck and zombie deck by Stromgald59
- If You Won't Leave Me, I'll Find Someone Who Will by Morgon77 at the noder's request
- O.J. Simpson strikes again by crayonblue an informative statement culled from the latter pages of the daily news with no analysis and minor speculation
- The Gape Effect by a new noder "Hopefully you do not participate in the Gape Effect because if you do I must destroy you."
- MIU rules by s_alanet duplication of the noder's MIU system (which see)
- The worst children's book ever by Jet-Poop and Ground Control old lists of not-so funny one-liners aren't so funny anymore
- Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction by pvoltaire cut and paste writeups will die
- Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction by 7Zark7 limericks are next on my killah list after haiku, especially limericks about scientific theories and laws
- gunt by GeoffreySmith personal slang never makes a good writeup
- Pluto isn't a planet by Gharbad responsory
- Pre-Ex-Girlfriend by whojoedaddy lyrics
- The Black Sword by Hai-Etlik superseded
- Caipiroska by Pretzellogic superseded
- BAMF and BBEG by auraseer these four-letter acronyms expand to "badass motherfucker" and "big bad evil guy" we are told
- N plus one and counting by SoloWhiz and jpetzel an ancient one-liner brought to attention by a responsorial one-liner
- Mac Classic II by Codger at the noder's request
- angiogenesis by a new moder who wanted us to know that "spatial/geometrical models of angiogenesis based on cellular automata"
- musical masturbation by LeoDV completely misinformed
- November 13, 2002 by BuffcorePhil at the noder's request
- Shirley MacLaine by ModernAngel superseded
- Annie Lamott by lucentshoe an E1 relic, destined to remain a pointer-nodershell to the correct spelling
- The Big Lebowski by GilloD a history of the grievences inflicted on culture by the censorship and edits for primetime television broadcast of fine films is yet to be written
Once upon a time ...
... in a galaxy far, far away