Today, I signed up for my very own Gmail account, courtesy of an invitation from a complete stranger. This was achieved via the site Gmailswap, (www.gmailswap.com), a rather nifty little service in which one posts what he or she will provide in exchange for an invite (as Gmail is still invitation-only), which those who happen to have an invite handy can peruse and choose from. It's free, it's rather cool, you might want to give it a try if you're looking for an account before the unwashed masses.

What do I think of Gmail itself? Essentially, it's Google with a different slant - which is a good thing, in my point of view. While I could wax lyrical about how great Google is, let's just say it works. The adverts are small and unobtrusive, and although there's no way to turn them off, there is virtually no need to. Just like the ads on Google's other pages, they blend into the page well, almost disappearing if you're not actually looking for them. Great stuff.

In other news, I've gotten hold of a nice 21" monitor of the Sun variety (although it's actually made by Sony, which is up for grabs to anyone who wants it for the princely sum of a hundred pounds on eBay. Shameless self promotion aside, I would like it to go to a good home, so if you're in the UK and are looking for a fuck off sized screen, and don't mind collecting it, /msg me and we can work something out.