A popular card game much played and enjoyed throughout supermarket canteens everywhere.

The rules are as follows. Firstly, three cards are placed on the table in front of each player, face-down. Another card is then placed on top of each of these face-up, and then another seven cards are dealt to each player. They may then exchange any of the cards in their hand for any of their face-up cards on the table.

After these preparations are complete, the game begins. Starting with the player to the right of the dealer, each player places a card on a stack on the table. Some rules apply to this placement. You may only place a card on the table if it is higher in value or equal in value to the top card on the stack, with two execptions. These exceptions are any two card or any ten card. Both of these cards may be placed on any other card. A two card simply overrides any card, while a ten forces all cards currently on the stack ( including itself ) to be removed from play and placed in a stack of their own, which has no future bearing on the game. After placement of a ten, you get another go.

If you cannot put down a card which is higher than or equal too the top card on the stack, and nor can you place a ten or a two, then you must pick up the stack.

Once you have disposed of all cards in your hand, you must now turn your attention to the cards on the table. You may now place any of the face-up cards on the stack when it is your turn. After getting rid of the face-up cards, you must do battle with fate by picking up one of the face-down cards. You must pick this card randomly, and may not look at it first.

The winner of the game is the person who gets rid of all their cards first.

Please note that in this game, the ace card counts as high - it is in fact the highest card possible.

This game has no clear origin, but seems to be popular throughout the western world in its pure and occasionly mutated forms.