So, it's been a minute since I broke my rule of not-daylogging, which is odd, since I don't have a rule against daylogging, meaning that I've done really well with keeping to not doing it without even trying. Considering that I haven't even really been noding much lately, it's not entirely surprising.

Life has been interesting. There's been one really big development in my life which, while being open knowledge to anyone with an internet connection, I'm not quite comfortable sharing with the noding public. Let's just say that there's a big difference between some information being publically available, and some information being publically available, and open for voting. That's just bloody weird.

I had my wisdom teeth out on Thursday. That was really ridiculously easy. I got knocked out with fentanyl, woke up, stumbled around while being held up by a nurse, and got wheeled out to the car. I was off the painkillers the next day. At this point, my arm from where I got shot up is bothering me worse than having the teeth removed. The worst part, definitely, was later that evening. I was still recovering, and my mom had made me some potato soup which was too hot. I got up to put in in the freezer to cool, took a sip of my drink, and suddenly got really nauseous and light-headed. I remember commenting on it, then I remember sitting down on the kitchen floor so I wouldn't fall over, and the next thing I knew, reality had fuzzed back in, and my mom was on the phone with 911. My mom helped me to the couch, and within a few minutes an ambulance was there. She said that I was completely unresponsive, stiff, and that my pupils were complete pinpricks. She thought that I had a seizure, but I was able to rapidly answer the questions the EMTs had for me, which suggested that I hadn't. It was the usual stuff. What year is it, who is president, where are you, what is your name, etc. I even had the presence of mind to add an "Unfortunately" after I named the president, although I will admit that it took some force of will to not answer "I'm Batman!" when they asked me my name, just for sheer comedic value. That would have been a laff riot, for sure. I turned down a trip and night's stay to the hospital, and I haven't had any problems since then. I did find out, however, that I apparently have high blood pressure, which is surprising, since I'm only 24. I'll be seeing a doctor about this soon.

In the land of Myrk the musician, I finally picked up a amplifier today. It's a Peavey PV-900 amp, which I needed to power my pair of 400-watt titanium-alloy professional loudspeakers that have been collecting dust for the past two years. These things are AWESOME. After playing on a dorm room style shelf system for my entire career, this is an unbelievable upgrade. Next on my list is a Griffin iMic for recording, then a lot of new CDs, then sometime in the future an upgrade to the latest Denon line of CDJ equipment, and then I'm pretty good, until my burning desire for a 1000 watt subwoofer and a mixing board get the best of me. Goddamn, I have an expensive hobby...

At the moment, I'm staying at my mom's house. I am working on all the responsibilities with the old apartment and utilities, and then I'm going to stay here for a while to pay my mom's bills. She has been out of work for a while when her company changed location, so the fact that I'm now able to move in, work from here, and pay her bills for a while is nothing short of a Godsend. She was on the verge of losing everything. The fact that I was able to step in and keep that from happening makes me happier than anything I can imagine.

So, in short, the life I've grown comfortable with, but wasn't able to stand, has been completely uprooted, leaving me grasping at whatever stability I can find, which isn't much. But... I'm happy. I'm happier than I've been in a long time. It lets me know that I've made the right decisions. This is a good thing.