Evil, Ultimate.
Anatgonist in Terry Gilliam's 1981 film, Time Bandits.

Imprisoned within the Fortress of Infinite Darkness, he's rather upset about how the Creator has been handling things, and a little irate that he's imprisoned within said Fortress. So, he makes plans to steal a map to all the wormholes in existance so he may escape and wreak havok upon creation. The map, as it turns out, is already stolen once-over by a pack of Dwarves in the former employ of God.

Evil goes about trapping the dwarves and their young English boy companion, and obtains the map. Unfortunatly for him (and fortunately for Existence), the prisoners escape and bring a plethora of heroes from myriad different time eras to fight Evil and rewin the map. Unfortunatly, Evil defends himself from all of these attacks (apparently Ultimate Evil is not weak to Cowboys, tanks, ray guns, etc, etc...).

Fortunatly, the Supreme Being comes down from on high and blows up Evil, sending chunks of Evil everywhere. He then rehires the thieving dwarves and sends the young boy home. Unfortunately, a piece of Evil came back with him and burns down his house. His parents find the Evil in a toaster oven, and against the boy's protests, touch it and blow up.
Evil is always on duty.

----

Evil was my favorite character from Time Bandits. He certainly had some of the best lines:
  • "God isn't interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time. Forty-three species of parrots, nipples for men."
  • "When I have understanding of computers I shall be the Supreme Being!"
  • "If I were creating a world I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would have started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one."
  • "You are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence."


Evil was played by David Warner.