BaronCarlos, now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time!

It's been a very hectic week. I was taking the car in and it just died leaving me stranded in the hot morning sun. I was in my work out gear since I would be dropping it off and my son would be taking me home. Needless to say I was very uncomfortable around the tow truck driver, other drivers and mechanics who were kind enough to stop and help me out. Anyway a new fuel pump and $300.00 later it was fixed in time for a class I had yesterday.

In May I enrolled in a Beginning Quicken class at the local community college. During the most recent Carlosian Encounter of the Third Kind, Carlos presented us with a generous gift of the deluxe Quicken 2000. The Baron of Darkness showed up in his black trench coat, black fedora hat and black leather gloves at our home for some pleasant banter.

I'm concerned now because Number Two Son has bought a pair of dark shoes, his newest pescription lenses are dark glasses, and I spotted him recently practicing his best stoic look in the mirror at the store to see how he looked in a black Fedora-like hat. I think he is going for the Carlosian Look.

I can only imagine what life will be like having a 14 year old sneaky bastard , lurking insidiously and subversivly from the shadows of our home!

Since my test results from March 27, 2000 came back declaring me a Mathematical Menace to Society and I, 'should use a calculator until I receive remedial help,' I thought this would be a time to take a class and get the checkbook and finances in order.

I haven't been much in the public for the past few years so this was a venturesome thing for me to do. I wasn't quite sure as to how it would work out and up until yesterday morning scared of failing the class. I've managed a 4.0 since my Junior year in college, including 30 hours post graduate work. I didn't think my ego could take anything less. Needless worry on my part, I discovered today that it was a non-credit class. The only real problem I had was getting lost. I've lived here for over 20 years, but I've finally concluded that the reason I get lost so much is that the town has changed a lot, my landmarks are all gone after six years of being confined at home with an illness.

I woke up yesterday morning though with such a sense of peace. I knew from then on things would be alright. The teacher was terrific, very patient with me, and I was surprised to discover that I was sitting and waiting as others caught up. Mr. Catallini had this trick teaching tool called a Super Board (I think). It was a like a computer monitor as big as a chalkboard.....and all he had to do was touch the screen to close the window, like his hand was the icon on the mouse. (I want one of those toys next time I'm teaching!) I spent most of the day today getting our account register set up and entering the transactions. What a breeze! Hey I'm up for Advanced Quiken next!

*smiles*

Thanks Carlos wherever you are.

Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart.
- Psalm 32:11 (KJV)

Devotion