This recipe is a slightly different take on the one above, most notably that I created more of a pasta dish with a slightly different sauce. Here goes! You will need:

  • 8 oz egg noodles
  • 1.5-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 tbs all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 tsp salt, divided
  • 1/4 tsp garlic pepper, divided
  • 1/4 tsp lemon pepper, divided
  • 1/4 tsp parsley
  • 4 tbs olive oil, divided
  • 2 tbs minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
  • 16 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1 c dry white wine
  • 1/2 c chicken broth
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 c grated Mozzerella

  1. So first, boil your egg noodles and once you've got the water going, in a large skillet you can heat 2 tbs olive oil on medium high. Start slicing the chicken breasts into thin strips, about an inch long. By the time you've finished slicing, the oil will be nice and hot. Sprinkle half the flour, salt, parsley, garlic and lemon pepper in with the chicken slices, mix well, and pour the mixture into the skillet. Sauté until chicken browns.
  2. Once the chicken looks done, remove it from the pan and set it to the side. In the same skillet, add the remainder of your olive oil, the minced garlic, and the mushrooms. Sauté that for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add the white wine to the pan and allow the alcohol to burn off (about 1 minute). Stir in the remaining flour and continue to stir as the mixture thickens for 1-2 minutes. Then add the broth and remaining spices and allow the entire mix to simmer for another minute.
  4. Now add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer the entire mixture for about 5 minutes on medium heat, so that it continues to thicken slightly. By now, your egg noodles should be ready to go and it's bon appetit for everyone!

At this point, I put the egg noodles into the bowl, top with some grated Mozzerella, add the chicken and sauce, and top that with Parmesan. This dish can be served individually for different tastes or as a one-pot deal. I'm guessing it'd also make a nice casserole, but I haven't tried that yet. Enjoy!