On a sheet of wax paper or paper plate combine flour, Parmesan cheese and 1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour mixture, coating both sides and reserving any remaining flour mixture.

In 10 inch skillet heat 1½ teaspoons oil over medium high heat; add onions and garlic and sauté until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms, basil, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and sauté until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer mixture to a plate and set aside.

In same skillet heat remaining 1½ teaspoons oil; add chicken and cook, turning once, until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Stir in any reserved flour mixture; gradually add wine and water and continue to stir, bring mixture to a boil. Return mushroom mixture to pan and cook until heated through. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

You may notice that this is a very specific recipe to help people on strict diets who may have to watch what they eat for health reasons. This is a great meal because it's quick and easy to prepare, as well as, low fat recipe it is a favorite at our house and brimming with flavor. It has 260 calories per serving with 29 g protein; 9 grams of fat; 12 g carbohydrate; 82 mg calcium; 390 mg sodium; and 68 mg cholesterol. It's delicious served with a half cup of cooked spaghetti tossed with a teaspoon of olive oil with a stir fry medley of slice zucchini and red bell peppers a small baked apple serve with Espresso to round out a well balanced meal.


Another hint! Mmmmmmm sounds delicious:)
DerekL says: Try subbing a teaspoon each of Sherry and Brandy for some of the white wine next time you make this... Yummy! (Add it to the mushrooms about a minute into the cooking for best effect, or with the rest of the wine later if you must)

This recipe is a slightly different take on the one above, most notably that I created more of a pasta dish with a slightly different sauce. Here goes! You will need:

  • 8 oz egg noodles
  • 1.5-2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 3 tbs all-purpose flour, divided
  • 1/2 tsp salt, divided
  • 1/4 tsp garlic pepper, divided
  • 1/4 tsp lemon pepper, divided
  • 1/4 tsp parsley
  • 4 tbs olive oil, divided
  • 2 tbs minced garlic (about 2-3 cloves)
  • 16 oz sliced mushrooms
  • 1 c dry white wine
  • 1/2 c chicken broth
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan
  • 1/4 c grated Mozzerella

  1. So first, boil your egg noodles and once you've got the water going, in a large skillet you can heat 2 tbs olive oil on medium high. Start slicing the chicken breasts into thin strips, about an inch long. By the time you've finished slicing, the oil will be nice and hot. Sprinkle half the flour, salt, parsley, garlic and lemon pepper in with the chicken slices, mix well, and pour the mixture into the skillet. Sauté until chicken browns.
  2. Once the chicken looks done, remove it from the pan and set it to the side. In the same skillet, add the remainder of your olive oil, the minced garlic, and the mushrooms. Sauté that for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add the white wine to the pan and allow the alcohol to burn off (about 1 minute). Stir in the remaining flour and continue to stir as the mixture thickens for 1-2 minutes. Then add the broth and remaining spices and allow the entire mix to simmer for another minute.
  4. Now add the chicken back to the skillet and simmer the entire mixture for about 5 minutes on medium heat, so that it continues to thicken slightly. By now, your egg noodles should be ready to go and it's bon appetit for everyone!

At this point, I put the egg noodles into the bowl, top with some grated Mozzerella, add the chicken and sauce, and top that with Parmesan. This dish can be served individually for different tastes or as a one-pot deal. I'm guessing it'd also make a nice casserole, but I haven't tried that yet. Enjoy!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.