A Latin World

My breath comes faster and faster as the sky lowers itself down upon me. The mountains are so distant but I can still see them clearly. A dark cloud hovers above, blotting out the Orion constellation. My sword is drawn. I must fly.

The ground falls away; my bare white feet rise away from it. The mountains are closer and a forest is now below me as I fall towards it. I land near a broken redwood and rest against the cool moss for a bit. And then I hear the stones crackling against each other, and twigs breaking in the night. I am surrounded by giant hoofed beasts like black horses, though they’re heads are like dragons. I jump upwards and fly from their reach.

So light in this dream.

I hear the scream of a child and the loud thump of my heart. I am falling towards a gravel road. I can hear the clank, clank of tin metal soldiers marching along the road. Toy soldiers. And an old red pickup is driving towards them. I land to the side of the road and notice the familiar compounds of a school I once attended. The pickup shouts loudly with its horn and crashes through the tin soldiers.

I jump again and find myself on the roof, wrapping my cloak around me for warmth. The dark night sky is suddenly shot with spikes of blood that drip down in the form of rain. The cloud is larger now. A man gets out of the truck and walks to the chain link fence, glaring at a well dressed man on the other side. They argue long into the night and the ground is stained with red.

And now from the ground sprouts the head of a child and this head it is soon pushed upward by the trunk of a growing tree. Swords begin to sprout from the tree in the place of its branches.

Sirens: the Police for Hire are again looking for me. An angel drops down from the sky. She smiles such a beautiful smile and dresses me with her long black hair. We must sleep away this storm in a safe place. So we descend the mountain and find ourselves at the door of an old Thai restaurant. The owner, an old man, begins to speak to me in Thai, but I cannot understand him, and likewise he cannot understand my old forms of Hebraic. And there is something important I am forgetting. Why doesn’t this make any sense?