I tried this morning remembering some fuzzy details of my last nightmare. The topic was related to 'war on terrorism'. But recurrently in the dream, it also appeared the word 'pretense'. At last, I achieved to connect both facts. I recapitulate:

Under the pretense of war on terrorism...

... Congress is passing bills which allow for more of the treasury to go to the wealthy and corporations.

... the Constitution is under attack. The Fourth Amendment is now in danger, as those in power may search one's home without a search warrant as required in the Bill of Rights.

... U.S. financial support for terrorism is being increased in Colombia, where although right wing death squads are officially called terrorists, they get their weapons and support through the military as they terrorize anybody who disagrees with those in power.

... the Federal Communications Commission is trying to allow for fewer corporations to own more media in the same areas for a total monopoly on news.

... the current administration and Congress are attempting to pass laws allowing for oil drilling in the Arctic, opposed by all of the major environmental organizations.

... censorship is being imposed.

... 'Fast Track' is being pushed in the Congress to allow the president to make trade decisions without consulting the Congress, thus bypassing the Constitution.

But in the end, who needs dreams?