I lost my cat today.

I can't find him anywhere. I hope he comes home. I've heard of people losing their cats for weeks and it coming sauntering back.

I grew up with this cat. He's been my pal for 7 years, and I'd like to see him soon. I don't even know how he got out, but I suspect it was while I was bringing groceries in from the car.

His food dish is full. His litterbox is clean. My feet are cold.

If he's not home by morning, I'll bw posting posters around the neighbourhood. I've already been to the animal shelter to fill out a report, and spoken to my neighbours.

Looking for the cat is moot. This is a very lush neighbourhood, with all kinds of porches, decks, and foliage for a cat to hide under. I just hope he can find his way home. He's never been outside before.

I tried to sit outside, with all the lights on, a blanket, and a bowl of milk. I sat out there for about an hour, and couldn't take it anymore. I've left all the basement windows open, and all the lights on in the house so he can come up and meow and I'll hear him.

I miss him so much. He was like my best friend. He's has no front claws, and is helpless to defend himself.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.


3 A.M. here. My mom came down and told me that she thought she saw the cat outside. I ran out the back basement door, and saw him on the deck, meowing into the kitchen. I was so happy to have him back. He was shivering and cold and hungry. He's somewhat overweight, and pretty defenseless, so I'm glad we found him sooner than later. Thanks for all the kind words and advice.