The Martinez, California Amtrak Station is a multimodal train station located in Martinez, California, the county seat of Contra Costa County in the East Bay Region. The current building was completed in 2001, and is a spacious brick building with seating for several dozen people. It also includes the usual amenities, including rest rooms, a small cafe, vending machines, and sometimes electrical outlets for recharging phones. There is also outside seating, and a big clock tower. As far as stations go, it is not majestically historic, but it is comfortable and attractive.

The Martinez Amtrak Station had over 240,000 passengers in 2023, making it a busier station than San Jose Diridon Station or Oakland Jack London Square, both in obviously larger population centers. Martinez is a nice city, and is the birthplace of Joe DiMaggio and the Martini, but the station is so busy for other reasons. Martinez is the most convenient transfer location for people going to North San Francisco Bay areas such as the Napa Valley, Santa Rosa, and even on to Humboldt County. The Martinez Amtrak station is a multimodal station, with Amtrak Thruway and local bus service located directly at the station. Additionally, I imagine many passengers use Uber, Lyft or some other means of transportation. In any case, Martinez is a transit point for train travelers far beyond the size of Martinez, itself. It currently is served by 38 trains a day (both ways), including the Amtrak California routes Capitol Corridor and San Joaquins, and the long distance routes California Zephyr and Coast Starlight, as well as many local and regional bus routes.

Which brings us back to the first paragraph, and the station's amenities: while it is not the most luxurious station, it is a pleasant enough place to wait. There is a small park with a bridge over a creek directly outside the station, and by walking a few blocks, a passenger can go to the entertainment district of downtown Martinez, or to the Martinez shoreline park. Given the general good climate and good vibes of the area, there are much worse fates than having to wait at the Martinez Amtrak station.


Stations on the Coast Starlight: Emeryville Station <--> Martinez, California Amtrak Station <--> Davis, California Amtrak Station


https://www.greatamericanstations.com/stations/martinez-ca-mtz/