You would think that after getting burned once by meeting someone online, I would think twice about doing it. Well, it's happened again. I met someone in the online game Second Life, and the rest is going to be history come July, 2008. I met her by chance, during the time my father was dying, and we grew closer every day. To start, we talked online daily, for a good few hours, and eventually we moved to speaking to each other on the phone. Our feelings grew for each other, and it wasn't long before we knew we would be together.

We spent a few months, talking to each other, getting to know each other, and falling for each other. There was one slight problem with all of this, and that was she was in Georgia and I was in Pennsylvania. Not to worry though, as come December my company was sending me to the home office in Atlanta for some training. Once I knew for sure, I told her and we arranged a meeting. Upon my arrival to the hotel, I was greeted by the most beautiful woman I had ever seen, and from there we were inseparable. It was at that point I began to make arrangements to make the thirteen hour trek to Georgia as often as I could. It was sealed, I finally found the one I was looking for.

Now, here I am, months later. I've moved to Georgia, we're engaged, and we have a beautiful daughter. These are things I would not do if I were not totally sure of the person I'm with. I can tell you, my search is finally over.