The first softlink below pretty much describes my mood today. I have tonsillitis, which has also caused the gum around my impacted wisdom tooth to flare up, so I'm in pretty much constant discomfort or pain at the moment. My mother is visiting; for some people this might be a support or a help, but not for me. Much as she might try to help, my mother is a needy person who always needs more attention than she gives. Jo's father is visiting; he's okay, but it's just one more person around the house talking. Jo is stressed because her tenants have given notice in the apartment that she owns and is renting out in Leeds; she has to find new tenants at the worst possible time. I have lots of work to do. I mean, don't get me wrong; we have no money, so work is Good. It's just that I have to do 2 websites in about 3 weeks, and right now I can barely concentrate on saying hello. I just hope things quieten down and I start to feel better over the weekend.

Oh, and let's not forget that this little Iron Noder Challenge thing is still going on, and I'm falling behind :-) I threatened a while back to serialize my novel on E2 and it looks like this is an option I may have to consider seriously. I know all this doesn't sound like a very serious lot of problems, and I guess it isn't. We are short of money, but we're not without support from family. I'm sick, but I'm not mega-sick. I have work to do, but it's not onerous. Jo is losing tenants, but they were assholes anyway, and she has no reason to think that she won't get new tenants. It's just that all these things are coming at once when we have no time to think about them and no ability to get distance from them when there's a little boy here who needs attention all the time and it's FUCKING COLD outside...Wow, it's been a long time since I've really needed a rant on E2.

Yesterday we went to Fountains Abbey. I wanted to set off at about noon, so of course what with my mother and the baby and all we set off at about 3pm and the sun was setting by the time we actually managed to walk down the path towards the Abbey. I got some nice photos, but that was about it. Really, it was a wasted trip.

Now I have to go out and meet them all in a cafe down by the river. It's a nice cafe. I'm not a nice person right now. I haven't even had a shower. Normal service to be resumed by the weekend, hopefully.