Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls, children of all ages.

Welcome. And hello.

I come to you on this fine day, to give a small guide to coping with the loss of someone special. There are good methods, bad methods. But, here's what I can come up with off the top of my head. And after, I shall write about what the hell I've been up to the last few days. Not a whole lot, I can assure you.

Devon's guide to coping with the Loss Of A Girlfriend, Who's the Mother of Your Daughter, and Exceptionally Beautiful, and Who Means The World To You.

Or, Jesus Dude, I Need Some Help Over Here!

First, you can meditate. Meditation clears the mind, allows you to deal with your emotions in a saner, less agitated way. Not a bad idea. Go forth, meditate, friends!

Second, you can read a book! I have done this three times in the past five days since T. and I have split. Two of the times were a great book called Fight Club, by Chuck Palahniuk. I recommend this to any reader out there - it's not a high recommendation, but a recommendation nonetheless; to me, Moby Dick is a high recommendation. The other book I read was Skeleton Crew, by Stephen King. Great reading to take your mind off things.

My third suggestion for coping with loss is to drink copious amounts of alcohol. This works. Now, shut up people, I know the whole thing about how alcohol's a depressant, and the effects are only temporary, and that perhaps you will be more depressed afterwards. But hot damn! doesn't the short term feel good!

Fourth suggestion: enjoy the child you share. Love her all the more. Take the love that's reflected back at you, and direct it at the daughter. Or son.

Fifth suggestion: node. What a great excuse to node! Find a topic - and node away!

Sixth, and last: turn your mom's puny little weakling Pentium 133 machine with Windows 98 into a Debian Linux box without her knowledge and get yelled at for it later. She may not like it at first, but try to preach to her the values of Linux, its good points. Try to make her see the light. Try to break her Windows-loving spirit. Fill her with the truth that is Linux.

Thank you for your time.

I wanted to thank Lometa and mellamaphone for their kind words via the good old /msg. Makes me feel good. You know, I think that I'll get to noding again. Even though this awful little computer has very little to offer, that doesn't mean I can't still node, right? Right? Right!

I've opted against writing about my day(s). I haven't been doing enough of interest to really merit writing up a big old node about it. Suffice it to say, I'm dealing with my loss, talking with Trina, wondering if we're going to get back together or not. We'll see. That's all I can say about it, which hurts as well: we'll see. I'm outtie. Gonna finish up Fight Club for the third time. I'm really into it. I'm finding cool little eccentricities in the writing that makes me go OoOoooooOOOOoo!. I'm totally enjoying it. So, be cool], people. Be happy.


Happy Fourth of July, to all the United-Statesians in the house.