You'd think that people would've had enough of silly love songs.
I look around me and I see it isn't so.
Some people wanna fill the world with silly love songs.
And what's wrong with that?

I. In the beginning there was light. And it was good.

I found this place by accident 7+ years ago. I was on a search for information about something and one of the links that the magic google genie spit out brought me here. Isn't that always the way? You look for something which leads you to something else? It was all green and white and, well quite frankly, unattractive. But, at the time, I wasn't looking for pretty, I was looking for knowledge. The words I read first were something one would expect to find looking into an encyclopedia entry. It gave me an overview of the information I was looking for, a good starting point. The second set of words were totally irreverent, poking fun,while at the same time bringing up counterpoints to the first. I laughed.

Then I found the shaded links below the topic essays, some with catchy titles. "HEY! I wonder what this one is about?" I clicked. and read. and laughed. and found another, and followed, and then another, and then another. I was wiping tears out of my eyes by the time I was done. My interest was more the piqued. It didn't even matter that the color scheme was blech. The words sucked me in. I thought, I can do that. Hell, I had been doing that for years, writing random bits and pieces in journals. Why not? Shortly after that decision, I learned how to format with basic html, I learned about hard links and soft links and OH MY!, pipe links! Pipe links. The friggin chocolate filling that gave depth and breadth and could skew something you said just a tad or even CHANGE what you said into something completely different. That, my friends, was wicked awesome. It was the fish hook caught in my mouth while this Weird headless death cult of writer apostles slowly reeled me in.

HA! Liar! You are. We are. All of us. Beautiful and unique snowflakes. Pause.

Here are some true pieces for you, anonymous, handsome. Choose your words carefully; now throw them away. Begin again. Work within the limitations of the medium. Revel in the limitations. How can I express what I am trying to show you? I take your words turn them around and give them back to you. What I'm trying to say is that I may have unconsciously plagiarized this! But then again, Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief. I sit on my blanket watching you speak. I like hearing you talk. It doesn't matter if I don't understand. As long as it falls directly from your hand to mine I don't really care what it is. It's like that. Long after bedtime I will wake up and sit crosslegged watching you. It is your fault for having your face. I can't help myself. I blame you. listen mr. cute sweater you are all kinds of a sugar distracting me with your words. Don't be sexy. I said stop that. You aren't listening. Don't be smart too, I couldn't stand it! But you are. Drop dead sexy smart. You write me love letters. Pulling me in, holding me tight in your web. I am lost and I am found, listening to the radio watching the rain patter down. You make me smile. The sky is Translucent, threatening to smash itself and I am in awe.

Here is All the gold you can eat if you keep your eyes open and look for it. There is treasure here. This is as honest and as open as I can get. Why do I love it here? Better to Ask a fish what water is. Better yet, ask a wave.. It is like asking me why I like marzipan. It is the taste. It is the texture. And still, I can only scratch at the surface. Your words move me.

I
can't explain
the feeling's plain to me
say can't you see?

IIB. Skin slides against skin, ruffled hair, lens envy and other stories of the flesh...

I will tell you a secret This one noder drove me up a tree in the beginning. I would ball my hands in a fist and shout to the stars. I mean, how dare he? He challenged me. But the truth is, had he not pushed so very hard, had he not pushed and pushed and pushed some more, I would not have dug my heels in and tried again and again. I would not have reached so deep inside to pull the very emotion out of my belly. He challenged me. I am stronger for it.

He lay down next to me and when his breathing became even, I listened to it for a time. The murmur of whispers and soft laughter melting away into the night as the focus is drawn into the soft rhythmic inhale, exhale. Here is peace. and here I drift. Safe.

After a night of frolicking, I was sitting up in my sleeping bag on the floor of an almost stranger's home. I was overwhelmed by displacement as I was wont to do during that time period. He walked by, reached down and tousled my hair. "A bunch of us are going to breakfast. Want to come?" A small touch, a simple analgesic, and the prick of pain vanishes.

Camaraderie, laughter, the sharing of food and wine and ale. Squeezes at the end of the day. "I'm happy I got to know you!". Fragments of a world, and the spaces between them. I have mental images stored up for future use. Placed next to the scents and the sounds and the taste and the touch. All of these things that a web site is not and yet somehow THIS one manages to be, if you so choose.

It isn't silly
It isn't silly at all

III. Oh come come! You didn't really think there is an ending to this yet, did you?

You want to know what else I love? Right now and at this present moment? That several users can work one scratch pad. COLLABORATIONS BABY! Oh yes. I'm lovin that.

Because other people can add words and pipelinks- see previous sentence, for instance, and those words lead to other words, because that is what this Chain letter on Crack does- link and link.
It is what it does, it is all it does. ~ etouffee

So you want to know why I keep hanging around? Do you? It's not because I figured out how to change the color scheme to suit my palate. It's for YOU and it's for me. For the writers, past, present and future. You try out your wings, you surprise yourself and we all get to watch. ASTONISH ME! Astonish yourself! Do you feel that fish hook tugging along the edging of your mouth yet? *click, click, click* goes the reel with each flick of the wrist