A little something I discovered while I was wondering around my house at 3 in the morning pulling stuff of shelves. This is done in 6 easy steps
- Procure 1x black shoelace. Any darkish color is acceptable but for best results black and long is good. Optional: giggle insanely
- Bunch shoelace up into a spidery mass of fear. The best method is to create a bunch of loops and then holding one end give it a thorough shake. If necessary use a twistie. Optional: giggle insanely
- Cup the shoelace in your hands as you would a real spider.
- Approach unfortunate victim, making sure he/she can see your hands, and ask them:
"Hey you're afraid of spiders aren't you?"
Optional: giggle insanely - highly recommended.
By now they should have a wary look in their eyes and body language should indicate prepared flight. However it's too late!
- As they answer, use a quick underarm to gently lob the shoelace at them. Too fast and they won't see it, too slow and they'll recognise it.Optional: giggle insanely
- Giggle insanely
Warning: The effectiveness of this trick depends entirely on your delivery
. I make no success claims, but it worked for me
(and against me).
Also, despite being quite hilarious, this is a very, very evil thing to do. If you're friend truely suffers from arachnophobia you will utterly freak them out. Don't expect them to ever talk to you again. Ever If they're a jittery type they might actually hurt themselves reacting to it. Make sure there are no sharps or furniture around.