A menmonic for the five main functional fields of network management:
- Fault management: How to deal with all kinds of failures: backup strategies, redundant systems, TTS's.
- Configuration management: What is configurable, where is the configuration data saved, and who is authorized to change it?
- Accounting management: Who is allowed to use what, how often have they used it, and how much do they have to pay for it?
- Performance management: Is the system fulfilling the users' needs, are there bottlenecks, how will it be extended in the future?
- Security management: How to ensure than only authorized users can access the system and can only do what they're allowed to?