Present Day....Present time....

HA HA HA HA!

*--static--*

End of 2000, Start 2001. Cue Thus Spake Zarathustra please. Well, what a year it's been. At the beginning of this year I was cynical and not very social. Now...well, in the course of 366 days I've become a more social person out in the big blue room, I've grown up a little as a noder, for that I would like to thank a great deal the editors and gods (namely dannye, dem bones, and hramyaegr). Plus I have found, to my delighted suprise, that for the first time in a long time, the girl I like a great deal is within my reach...

Two utterly different people...
...can they come together?

It's also been a year of going through that wonderful phase of childhood called "Self-knowing"...in other words, asking "Who am I and why the hell am I here?" Well, to be perfectly honest, I still don't know. But at least I'm not asking myself that question every 5 minutes now. At least I've figured out that this sort of knowledge doesn't come by bashing my brains out in search of answers. You figure it out as you go, piece by piece.

I have no idea *where* I'm going but I feel I'm on the right track...

Standing at the brink of the 2nd millenium and looking out to the 3rd, I feel that that I've still got a ways to go to make up for lost chances at socializing, all those years I never tried to talk to people, but that at least now I've put, as my friend Emily told me, "both feet in the door and have joined the party". It feels good to be there too. Wish me luck in the Year of the Monolith :P

-Matthew K. Adair

to Be continued...