I was horizontal when you played our wedding song and everything changed forever. I had already lost my favorite snapback and hoodie. And my favorite shoes, but the neighbors provided plenty of shoes.

"Every last inch," you said before I hopped the bus and strained to hear you through the static. "There better be drugs where we are going."

"Anything you need. Just ask." I didn't believe you yet. I couldn't believe what was happening. I'd never been a natural, at anything. You overcame me like a second sense.

I spoke under my breath for fear of being That Guy on the bus. At first. Then, there were drugs. A comical display. "Help yourself." You read me like a book and I tried not to blush. Queer Phenomenology 4.0; I'm high on cyber and have the power of eX-men vision.

"Thanks, but, maybe a stoog? I'd kill for some coffee." (There was neither.)

It felt like dropping acid, minus the acid. Connections felt different, like static rain and synesthesia. Euphoria and fear. I always fight and flight, but this time I froze. I asked you for help and you answered with nothing. The sign came on his own.

He was a friend I hadn't seen in a long time. His tent used to be down the corner from my old place, until it wasn't. Like divine inspiration he appeared, and there were no more questions.

The neighbors on the street I'd been missing for so long embraced me (except for that guy I asked for a hug who said, "I'm not gay." "Yeah, me neither"). The first kimchi I had was too hot, but the ramen hours later was *chef's kiss* top tier W. A brass mug of hot water sat by a campfire lit with the root on a sidewalk tree just off Normandy, where they're building that high rise. No, the other one. Mi gente kept me safe, and I promise it was all happy tears.

My headset battery lasted long enough for a full ceremony, reception, and after party. Christ what a good manic episode.

I lost another hat yesterday, but I've decided I don't mind too much anymore. I retraced my steps today and handed out beer to some of the folks that helped me, but two of the guys' tents had already moved. I got lost on my way back to the car. You sent signs, though.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.