Usually served during special events and occasions such as picnics, a home-made macaroni salad can be an any time treat for everyone, including Everythingians.

Below is what I use when I make my macaroni salad.


Directions
Cook the macaroni according to the directions printed on the side of the box. While the macaroni is cooking, you can grate the carrots and mince the celery and onions. After draining the water from the macaroni, place the macaroni into a large bowl and put it in the refrigerator. If you haven't hard-boiled the eggs, now is a good time to do so. I usually have the eggs done before cooking the macaroni. After the macaroni has had a chance to chill, mix the celery, carrots, onions, and mayonnaise into the bowl with the macaroni. Remove the shells from the hard-boiled eggs and place the eggs into a separate bowl. Using any method preferable to you, chop up the eggs into small pieces (I pretend that I'm a ninja with two kitchen knives and go crazy). After chopping up the eggs, mix them into the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Add in any remaining ingredients and mix them in as well. When finished, cover the bowl with either a lid or plastic wrap and place the macaroni salad into the refrigerator to chill.

Serves at least 12-16 people, depending on how much they love macaroni salad.

Optional: Use two hard boiled eggs as a garnish. After removing the shells, slice the eggs and place them on top of the macaroni salad. Add a dash of paprika if desired.

Have your own recipe for macaroni salad? Have a suggestion to improve this recipe? Add your comments to this writeup.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.