The proper medical term for a person born with genitals of both genders. This inclues all combinations which contain parts from both genders. This is the term that should be used instead of hermaphrodite.

It has been suggested that there be new gender distinctions for the intersexed, such as herm, ferm, and merm.

and then there are those of us who gender-shift. and i wish like hell that someone would manage to coin a better term than 'thoabath' for us, (i've tried. it's difficult.) because that, as i recall is a greek word for 'abomination'. so what if i'm only female for a week and a half at a time? is it really that abhorrent?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.