For all you people who draw graffiti in Math/Physics class and want something more important to do with your time, I suggest you try these awesome calculator games.

Pheonix: A game a lot like Space Invaders, except you can buy new weapons, upgrades, helpers, etc. Galaxan(and Galaxan 2) are a lot like this game.

Uncle Worm: An awesome game akin to Snakes, except your a line and you can move in many more directions. Bytes is similiar to this game.

ZTetris: I think you all know what this game is.

Fall Down: Literally, you try to fall down holes before the calculator catches up to you, the best game because you can go back to "graphing" with one click of a button :p.

Bomberkids: Like bomberman this game is for play between 2-4 people. Tell your teacher your transfering "data".

JUST please never play these at home!

Oh yes, and you do need a Graphing Calculator to play these (I have a TI-83)

Simple reflex game for your calculator

This is how to create a program that tests your reflexes in a simple, addictive game.

First, you need to find out how your calculator is on timing. Run this program for x seconds and divide the final output by x (round up if necessary). This will be referred to as x. This is the approximate number of times the program can run per second and will require adjusting because the final program is much longer than the tes program.

  • :0 -> A
  • :While 1
  • :Disp A
  • :A + 1 -> A
  • :End

Ok, here's the program, some commands may look slightly different on various models but you should be able to find all of these under Catalog:

  • :ClLCD
  • :0 -> D
  • :int (rand*100) -> A
  • :For(B,1,A,1)
  • :Output(4,5,"READY..."
  • :End
  • :ClLCD
  • :Output(4,5,"NOW!"
  • :Lbl A
  • :getKy -> C
  • :If C ≤ 0
  • :D + 1->D
  • :round(D/x,3)->E
  • :If C > 0
  • :Then
  • :ClLCD
  • :Output(4,5,E)
  • :Output(4,9,"SECONDS"
  • :Stop
  • :End
  • :Goto A

Activate the program then wait for the screen to say 'NOW!', then hit any key. Your time will appear around the center of the screen. Hit ENTER to restart the program. You may want to test out the timing and adjust x accordingly (I use 12 for my TI-85 calculator); lower numbers count faster than larger ones. Also adjusting the numbers by Output can help center the game. The first number is the rows (equal to y coordinate), the second columns (x coordinate)


If there are any errors, let me know and I will fix them accordingly; please include the error type ("Data Type", "Domain", etc.)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.