Useful for holding a lot of papers together - like 35 to more than 100 pages. This is a piece of metal curved about like a clamp and sprung to stay closed. Affixed to the metal clamp (one on each side) are dainty wire handles that fold out to provide levers for holding the clamp open.

I'm framiliar with at least three sizes of these things - itty bitty (less than a quarter inch wide, can hold maybe 15 pages); medium size (maybe an inch and a half wide, can hold a good 50 pages) and JUMBO which are huge, can hold 100 pages and could probably take off the finger of a careless, devil-may-care type person.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.