English phrase stolen from French meaning "After Ski".
Après Ski is an event taking place in the bars of the Ski Resorts after a hard day on the mountains.
The event features heavy beer drinking as well as a lot of smelly skiers who didn't bother to change from their ski outfits before entering the bar.
A good place to start the Après Ski is practically all places in the French part of The Alps.
This is mainly due to the fact that a lot of Scandinavian people are present there through the season.
A 1971 Quebec movie directed by Roger Cardinal.

Starring Daniel Pilon as a newly hired ski instructor at a Laurentian ski resort where swingin' free love, pot smokin' hippies hang out and 24/7 parties are going on. This is a typical 70's soft porn flick, not much plot, lots of nekkid people, all this on a groovy psychedelic soundtrack. Watch this once and ask your old hippie uncle/aunt if it was really like that back then...

Trivia:
The movie was filmed around St-Adele, Quebec at some of the popular ski resorts.
Rene Angelil (yes, Celine Dion's manager/husband) does a cameo.

When trying to pick up people on the ski hills of Quebec, do not invite them for Après-ski as it definitely has a sexual connotation here. You have been warned.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.