You forgot some of the real clues that you may have a drinking problem
- You know the names of more people at your local watering hole than of the people you work with.
- You see your bartender more often than the people you live with.
- Your bar stocks top shelf tequila just for you.
- Your bartender asks you how to mix drinks.
- You dont need to see a menu to order a meal.
- You can send the bar manager out on a search and rescue mission to purchase you booze.
- You know where the bartender lives. because you have driven him home after closing time.
Some additional new items learned in recent field study:
- You have had a bar tab over $1,000 in a single night.
You drank alone.
- You know you dont have a problem because you know someone worse than you.
- You wake up next to that person in bed.
- You consider a bottle to be a single serving. The bottle is 750ml of bourbon.
- A single serving will not have much effect.
- The only way you can justify having a job is it pays for the drinks.
While some of you will know I am describing myself, I do not suffer from alcoholism
. I am a professional drinker