The leading golf player Vijay Singh was born on february 22, 1963. Singh is a leading golfer on the PGA Tour and has won many tornaments all around the world. The place of his birth was Lautoka in Fiji. His father was an airplane technician. Vijay was taught golf at a very early age. He was an admirer of Tom Weiskopf while he was young, and he accepted him as an early model. He belongs to an Indian Sikh ancestry . Vijay means victory in Hindi. Presently he lives in Ponte Vedra Beach in Florida.

He graduated from the Qualifying School in 1988. He played seven seasons on The European Tour before he made his base in America. He has an Honorary Life Membership of the European Tour since May 2001.

Milestones in Vijay Singh's career:

He started his career in 1982 and the Malaysian PGA Championship in 1984 was the first prestigious trophy that he won. His career turned out to be an impressive one and he won many International tornaments from then.

Vijay Singh won his first PGA TOUR event in 1993. It was the Buick Classic. That victory led to Singh being named the 1993 PGA TOUR Rookie of the Year.

In 2001, he finished with a Tour-best 14 top-10 finishes and was fourth on the money list with $3,440,829 on the year. But he didn't win any title. The very next year saw him winning at the Shell Houston Open at TPC at The Woodlands, setting a new 72-hole scoring record with a 65, and at the Tour Championship, winning by two strokes over Charles Howell III.

The most brilliant of his victories include the 11 wins on The European Tour International Schedule, the last two in 2001 in consecutive weeks, in the Carlsberg Malaysian Open and the Caltex Singapore Masters - and the World Match Play Championship at Wentworth Club in 1997.

When he finished as first in the US PGA Tour Money List for the first time in 2003, he credited to himself a glorifying record of finishing in the top five every year from 1998.


Tournament Victories (The list is List from Wikipedia)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.