To reduce risk of death by electric shock:
  • 1. Always "unplug it" after use.
  • 2. Do not place or store where dryer can fall or be pulled into tub. Toilet. Or sink.
  • 3. Do not use while bathing.
  • 4. Do not use near or place in water.
  • 5. If dryer falls into water, unplug immediately. Do not reach into water.

    Hair dryer

  • Electric Shock

    Do not approach the victim until you are absolutely sure the power has been removed. If necessary, use a wooden or other non-conductive pole to remove the wire from the victim. Place a call to emergency medical professionals before attempting first aid, or have a bystander perform the summoning while you perform first aid.

    • Symptoms:
      1. Loss of consciousness.
      2. Loss of pulse.
      3. Loss of respiration.
      4. Burned areas of tissue.

    • Treatment:
      1. Do not move the victim unless an immediate life-threatening situation exists.
      2. Perform rescue breathing.
      3. Perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation.
      4. Treat for shock (not electrical shock, normal medical shock) by keeping victim warm and still.
      5. Check for other injuries.
      6. Talk to the victim to monitor their responses. Attempt to keep them conscious if possible.
      7. Monitor victims pulse and breathing until medical help arrives.
      8. Be aware that an electrical shock can flash-cook human body tissues. The smell will be a mixture of burned flesh, burnt hair and ozone. You must keep your act together, don't vomit. The victim is depending on you, especially if CPR/rescue breathing is required.

    From US Navy boot camp training.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.