Villains published by DC Comics and created by Arnold Drake and Bruno Premiani. Monsieur Mallah and the Brain first appeared in Doom Patrol #86.

Years ago, an unnamed French scientist began experimenting on a mountain gorilla, attempting to boost the ape's intelligence. After years of work and training, the gorilla had achieved an astounding I.Q. of 178. The gorilla, who had been named by the scientist Monsieur Mallah served as the scientist's assistant for many years afterward, learning a number of human skills.

When the scientist eventually died, Mallah transfered his brain into a portable computer network, which allowed the mind to speak and sense what was going on around it. The scientist, who was now known only as the Brain, began to assemble a group of villains, who he planned to use to conquer the world.

When this group of villains, who were known as the Brotherhood of Evil, attempted to carry out their plans, they came into conflict with a rag tag group of heroes known as the Doom Patrol. The Doom Patrol vanquished the group lead by the Brain and Monsieur Mallah on a number of occasions. Eventually the two were attacked and seemingly killed by one of their allies, the madwoman Madam Rogue. The two were believed to be killed in an explosion that Madam Rogue set off.

Nothing was heard of the pair for many years, until they reappeared with a new group of allies, again calling themselves the Brotherhood of Evil. This time the group was opposed by the Teen Titans. The two groups clashed on a number of instances with the Titans always emerging as victors.

The two disappeared again for a time to reappear at the headquarters of the new Doom Patrol. At the time, Cliff Steele, Robotman had been living within a new robot body, created by the scientist William Magnus, creator of the Metal Men. The body inexplicably gained sentience and decided that it wished to live apart from Steele's influence and had removed Steele's brain from itself. The robot body set itself so that it would explode if a brain was put back into it.

At this time, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain broke into the headquarters, in an attempt to steal Robotman's body for the Brain. The two were able to defeat the robot body and place the Brain within it. Having gained a human-like body, Monsieur Mallah and the Brain confessed their love for each other and kissed. The kiss ended abruptly when the robot body exploded. The fate of the two is unknown, but they are assumed to have been killed.

Monsieur Mallah is a large mountain gorilla with a penchant for sweatbands and large guns. He speaks and is skilled in the operation of most vehicles, as well as being proficient in surgery. The Brain is a disembodied brain that is confined in a computerized shell that is a cross between a stand ashtray and R2-D2.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.