Or, scary-looking scrambled eggs.
Cost: Very little.
Prep time: about 10 minutes
This recipe is singularly ugly-looking (hence the name). However, it's really easy, it's reasonably nutritious, and it tastes fairly decent as well.
- Put the eggs in a medium-sized mixing bowl. No, silly, take them out and break them first, and put their contents in the mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs. Heheheh.
- Add the milk and mix thoroughly. Beat some more if you're really sadistic.
- Add a liberal pinch of thyme. This is what gives the end product of this recipe its peculiar greyish tinge. Do the same with basil and oregano. Now put the bowl aside.
- Slice up the zucchini, squash, onion and ham. Put them in a frying pan and fry them until they're fried, or almost.
- Pour the egg-milk-spice mixture into the frying pan. Use a metal spatula to stir, and do so constantly, until the resultant substance looks almost but not exactly like a very good substitute for scrambled eggs.
- Now dump this on top of a piece of toast, buttered if you insist. It's also interesting to try salsa with it as well. Peach salsa is great stuff with eggs, oddly enough.
- Serve hot.