Are you a broke ass college student working a minimum wage paying job just to blow your paycheck after a weekend of partying? Do you tend to ignore phone calls because you know that people want you to go out and spend money that you dont have? Do you find reasons to breakup with your significant other before anniversaries, birthdays, valentines day, and any hallmark holidays that will require spending?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, then have I got a tip for you! I am not going to suggest you open more credit cards because as a nation we are already neck deep in debt already. The secret is managing your available funds! Sure, it a lot easier said then done but with a little help you can make your money work for you instead of the other way around.

I would like to share 2 very good sites that I use on a regular basis to track my spending and find bank deals that will actually pay you to open a checking account with them. Its usually pretty hard to maintain a budget even if you are buying the crappiest of beers, but that will definitely not impress the ladies (unless you were interested in those kinds of ladies).

First i'll start with billshrink.com. This is a site that finds ways to reduce your spending when it comes to credit cards and cell phone plans. You simply put in information such as your credit rating and monthly spending and it will find a suitable credit card based on your information. For wireless plans, you simply put in how much you currently spend a month, how many minutes and text messages you use a month, and zip code and it will find the best plan for you.

Next is mint.com. I actually use this site to check balances for several accounts such as PayPal, my personal banking account, and credit card usage. It allows me to set spending limits and see whether ive exceeded them or not. At the bottom it even provides ways on how to make your money work for you such as finding better interest rates. Although the site is a bit buggy at times, it has proven to be a valuable resource for me.

I would like to mention that i have absolutely no affiliation to either of these sites at all.

I am just another college student thinking of a good writeup to help someone save some money like it has helped me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.