...A bargain basement price by Pentagon standards, anyway.
- Build a crude torpedo that has a good hundred mile range and is capable of carrying a nuclear weapon. It would most likely resemble a nearly completely submerged boat than a torpedo. Outfit it with a cheap GPS unit for guidance, and a electric or diesel motor with a snorkel for propulsion.
- Rig it up so that it will stear towards the coordinates of a large US coastal city of choice and detonate on arrival
- At night, drive a ship (some cheap freighter or something) as far into US waters as possible before being spotted by a Coast Guard ship. I suppose it would help if you can find some way of getting clearance as a merchant ship.
- Drop that puppy in and let it take its swim. If Cuban refugees can get ashore in a fairly visible boat, then a little underwater device, painted black for camouflauge wouldn't have too much trouble, either.
- Hope that the Coast Guard guys don't detain you in your coastal city of choice, because it will be set aflame by a wave of heat and radiation,swamped by a tidal wave, torn apart by a shock wave, and then rained on by radioactive water.
- Watch how little a $120 billion missile defense shield does to stop it