for Greek Spaghetti
What you will need:
- Prepare the spaghetti to your liking.
- Heat frying pan to medium, medium high.
- Melt butter until it's right below the bubbling state.
- Add cheese. The cheese and butter should cook without clumping together and turn brown without burning. If it does clump, you are using cheese that is too high quality. If it turns brown instantly, the pan is too hot.
- Continue to add cheese and butter until a relatively smooth mixture is formed.
- Add your precooked spaghetti, stirring until everything is well mixed.
- Add pepper and a sprig of parsley to the side for looks. Serve!
This has been a family recipe for as long as I can remember. Created by my grandfather, Mr. Nick Berbakos, former owner of Nick & Dottie's Black Steer restaurant in Washington DC.