"Good idea, Bad idea" is a periodic closing sketch
on The Animaniacs
says "It's time for another Good idea, Bad idea!" A short clip
(almost always featuring Skullhead Bonyhands
), narrated by one of the Warner siblings
, then illustrates each contrasting idea. Some of of the sketches:
- Good idea: playing in the park.
Bad idea: playing in the parking lot.
- Good idea: having breakfast served to you in bed.
Bad idea: having tennis balls served to you in bed.
- Good idea: cleaning your dog.
Bad idea: dry-cleaning your dog.
- Good idea: doing your own yard work.
Bad idea: doing your own dental work.
- Good idea: playing the piccolo in the marching band.
Bad idea: playng the piano in the marching band.
- Good idea: playing catch with your grandfather.
Bad idea: playing catch with [using] your grandfather.
Unfortunately, the animators/writers did a pretty poor job with these, as a whole. The English language
has the potential for so many funny ambiguities, which they just didn't capitalize
on. My personal favorite is the "grandfather" one, because it is one of the few that does take advantage of this.