In astrological terms, a planet is in exaltation when it is in a sign where it can work as harmoniously as it does in the sign it rules. The complimentary elements are magnified and the nature of both the sign and the planet housed there are more apparent. If you think of yourself as the planet and the sign as a house, you are relaxing and enjoying yourself in the home of a friend.

Planets in Exaltation:

  • Moon in Taurus
  • Mercury in Aquarius
  • Venus in Pisces
  • Sun in Aries
  • Mars in Capricorn
  • Jupiter in Cancer
  • Saturn in Libra
  • Uranus in Scorpio

  • Neptune and Pluto are the slowest moving planets in the system. As a result, not enough time has passed since their discovery to accumulate information on where these planets are in their exaltation.

    Ex`al*ta"tion (?), n. [L. exaltatio: cf. F. exaltation.]

    1.

    The act of exalting or raising high; also, the state of being exalted; elevation.

    Wondering at my flight, and change
    To this high exaltation.
    Milton.

    2. (Alchem.)

    The refinement or subtilization of a body, or the increasing of its virtue or principal property.

    3. (Astrol.)

    That place of a planet in the zodiac in which it was supposed to exert its strongest influence.

     

    © Webster 1913


    Ex`al*ta"tion (?), n. (Med.)

    An abnormal sense of personal well-being, power, or importance, - - a symptom observed in various forms of insanity.

     

    © Webster 1913

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.