This is a song by Ween, from the album The Pod.

A rather intense song; if you are listening to this album and you were wondering whether this is even supposed to be MUSIC considering the first song, this will settle for you that at least this IS a song, even if it's brain-spinningly strange.

I do not know who Dr. Rock is. But the lyrics of this song sound like they are sung through heavy electronical enhancement, like maybe with a kazoo involved if those things could be electric. It's actually quite soothing to listen to, like a perfectly humming racecar.

The "Dr. Rock" parts are kind of yelled from the background through a distorted machine, interspersed, while the lead vocals are sung through another distortion. It sounds like a mix between an electric guitar and a person's voice.

A lyrics sample:

try modulating and articulating all the feelings that i have for u
dr.rock
help me out for i need to shout it
dr.rock
quickly Derek run & get your mammy

It's all very smooth and psychedelic, and at the end, the singer just wordlessly screams ("Ahhhhhhhh!") in a note that goes with the guitar's chords. Very cool, with the whole song to a stepping beat.

This song is © 1991 by Ween, Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp/Ver Music/Browndog Music/BMI.

The Pod
Next song on this album: Frank
CST Approved

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.