Bored on a hot Saturday
afternoon? Here's the perfect fix.
Rules of play
- Ceiling fan, turned on at maximum speed
- Sheet of paper, wadded up
- Furniture to be placed in the room
Each player has 3 outs per inning
. The game ends after both teams complete a
number of innings
agreed upon by each other. The object is
obviously to score as many runs as possible before scoring 3 outs each inning. To
put the ball into play, throw the wad of paper up into the fan
watch it get hit by the blades
. Below are guidelines for
scoring hits and outs:
Ball makes contact with fan and lands on the floor in the area below it
-- foul ball.
- Ball makes contact with fan and lands on the floor outside the area
below the fan -- out
- Ball lands on a large piece of furniture (such as on the seat of a chair
or a couch) -- single
- Ball lands on a smaller piece of furniture or on the top of a chair --
- Ball lands on top of a bookshelf or mantle, in the next room, or in a
trash can -- Triple
- Ball lands inside a vase or on top of a small object resting on a shelf
or mantle, or flies out an open window or door -- Homerun
- Your cat sees the ball fly across the room and chases it to where it
lands on the floor -- Fan interference, ground rule double.
It is assumed that all baserunners will advance the number of bases that
the batter hits. For example, a runner on first will advance to third
on a double, and will score on a triple.
source: Cheapass Games, www.cheapass.com
This game is perfect if you have a cat and already annoyed
it enough to that these ideas
no longer work. If you don't have a cat, you can still enjoy watching a paper ball fly across the room and break or knock over fragile
objects. You can always blame your pet if something breaks.