Yeah, it's time for yet another Everything Quest.

Note: Well, turns out there's two Quests going on at the same time. Since Quests are usually only every few months, I take on the task. Well, turns out the esteemed mblase had Everything Quests: Albums and CDs planned and running, I just jumped in and started this one without asking. Ergo, if you have limited time and are torn between the Quests, I'd submit you try mblase's first. Fair is fair, after all, and his was running and planned first.

This quest will be run by Rancid_Pickle. Submit any questions to me, don't bug other folks unless you like getting poked with horrible veggies.

REQUIREMENTS

We need a good listing of your favourite game or fun diversion. Don't write a Quest node on something that was already done in the past (i.e. First Come, First Blessed). Try to create the node on your favourite game, but if there is a node for it but there isn't a decent writeup there, go ahead and add your contribution. Some things that should be included are:

  • Name of the game (duh!)
  • General info on how to play it.
  • Why you like this game. Give copious examples of why. Tell us why we should rush out and buy that game.
  • Information such as the author, when developed, what platform (PC, Playstation, arcade, board, pencil-and-paper, playing card, etc). Historical information is particularly needed.
  • Similar games
  • Genre(s)
  • Did this game influence you in any way, and how?
  • Writeups must be created between the time stamp on this node and 23:59 on 10 April 2002, E2 Server Time.
When your writeup is complete, just drop me a /msg and softlink it to this node. Every decent writeup will get a "blessing" by yours truly (which equates to ten XP), plus the possibility of getting upvoted AND chinged if it's worthy. There is a limit of ten blessings per noder, but you're more than welcome to add more than 10 writeups.

Now comes the nasty part. If you cut and paste, I will CURSE you, which is a -10xp hit. DO NOT CUT AND PASTE. Make your writeup original work. Only nodes created within the Quest time window will be eligible for goodies.

Exceptional works added during this quest may get more than one blessing (actually, up to +30xp for outstanding nodes).

Get to it!


Now quit dawdlin' and git to writin'!



And now, the Wouf Hong! Oops, I mean the Quest Entries!

  1. mat catastrophe says i swear to you that if there is no writeup on 52-card pickup I am going to node it. heh.
  2. ^Davion^ says Uh, I know I noded it a leetle early, but Merge RPG. It's a prodject I'm working on- a distraction- and is, indeed, a game...
  3. mat catastrophe says damn. 52 card pickup damn damn damn.
  4. mblase says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: ...at least this way I can get credit for participating in at least *one* Quest this week. :-) If only my Marathon trilogy writeups were acceptable....
  5. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I should like to submit Bio Menace as my first writeup, if I may :)
  6. mfk says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: hi, please take a look at Wulfram 2
  7. Magua says A game for the quest: Liar's Poker
  8. sud says is my writeup drinking spoons good enough for the quest?
  9. mblase says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I give you Tesserae for your lovely Quest.
  10. TheBooBooKitty says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: BUBBLES. First Post! Whoo Whoo!
  11. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: My second submission: Dork's Dreams :)
  12. hobyrne says Addle is my (first) contribution to the games quest.
  13. hobyrne says Rebound is my (second) contribution to the games quest.
  14. Sverre says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Ah, now there's a cool quest. As side information, I've earlier noded Carrier and Tigris & Euphrates. More to come, for sure!
  15. Lucy-S says Here's one for the Quest: Roadkill Bingo
  16. Cool Man Eddie says TheBooBooKitty just cooled your writeup on Everything Quests: Games and Distractions, baby
  17. Ikura says Got a game quest node for you: Sharks and Minnows
  18. hobyrne says Broom is my third writeup for the games quest.
  19. Minderbender says My input for Everything Quests: Games and Distractions Check out Fight City; the node has 2 excellent write-ups, one of them by your's truly
  20. TheBooBooKitty says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: #2 Joust 2: Survival Of The Fittest
  21. TheBooBooKitty says 98 to go, check your inbox. (I have hundreds of partially written game nodes to draw from, I start them , don't finish, etc. I will make the 100.
  22. Magua says w00t! Thank you. =) I've got another one, too: Vampire : The Eternal Struggle
  23. dem bones says No way - E2 users don't play games!
  24. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Number three in a series of, well, lots: Monuments of Mars!
  25. TheBooBooKitty says Space Harrier. Only 97 more to go, and already I am falling behind.
  26. wertperch says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: It might be worth pointing out that there are many games in the The Content Rescue Team : Nodes list, and that they should /msg a CRT leader (possibly me) if they complete one?
  27. Great Neb says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: i've noded rescue a variant on hide and seek that is way more interesting
  28. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I am proud to present, my fourth contribution, Rescue Rover. Which you should go and play now :)
  29. Dreamvirus says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I've noded Perudo for your quest!
  30. cahla says hey there, re: Everything Quests: Games and Distractions, would copying and pasting the rules of the game be considered fair play? i could obviously re-write them, but in the case of an old board game I think it's probably better off more accurate...
  31. TheBooBooKitty says Thayer's Quest Only 96 more to go!
  32. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: It's my fifth contribution. It's God of Thunder!
  33. Fred Bloggs (the) says re:e2 quest: Cricket '97 is my first entry. Thanks.
  34. Fred Bloggs (the) says re:e2 quest and Cycling Manager is my second contribution.
  35. Protector of Mankind says I have added Mental Jujitsu for the games quest. superfun.
  36. dutchess says Hey there. I wrote Sorry! and Parcheesi a few weeks ago; you might want to include them in your list. And I'm off to find information on logic puzzles
  37. Tabs says a submission for your Everything Quest Games and Distractions: ISS Pro Evolution
  38. RubenAzarja says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: La Città is a great game!
  39. dutchess says /dev/joe has done a good job with the kind of logic puzzle I was considering in old chestnut: five men, houses, colors, nationalities, beverages, cigars, and pets. I'll keep thinking.
  40. alfimp says I've just done a write-up of connect four for your quest, since there weren't any decent write-ups for it. Of course whether or not there are now is also questionable...
  41. jpfed says re: Games and Distractions: um, I have a few abstract strategy board games that I made up, that my friends and I play. Would they be appropriate for the quest, or is the quest more centered on games that many people have played?
  42. mblase says Danke. :) I'm gonna have a tough time with your Quest, though -- all the games I used to play are already well-noded.
  43. mkb says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Gotcha! noded and ready for ACTION YEAH
  44. e-hadj says Yankee swap has been noded, but its practically a nodeshell. I can do better...and will, regardless...but does it qualify for your Quest?
  45. mkb says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: there is a writeup that mentions it in gotcha but it's a one line dealie
  46. mblase says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Oops. You added my "Marathon" link, but that's an old writeup and not actually eligible for the Quest. RP: I make up my own rules as I go along *wink*
  47. Walter says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: This is a great idea, but it doesn't seem fair to have two quests at once. I'd like to add lots of writeups to both, and now that number is cut in half. Maybe I'm just too ambitious... =)
  48. Gospel says Submitted a writeup on L.O.R.D. for the Game Quest
  49. Stavr0 says Everything Quests: Games and Distractions I make no apology whatsoever for scrabbleship go ahead, curse me!
  50. dutchess says Okay, I'm submitting Battleship, my classroom version(s). Hope you like 'em.
  51. some_guy says re:everything quests: games and distractions are videogames allwed? Yup!
  52. Frankie says re: yer quest. erm. does couch rugby count? let's see if it's there.... couch rugby. hmm. just a sec. Yup!
  53. Imprecation says I submit for the Quest Rummikub. Play on.
  54. Frankie says nope, not noded yet. does it count? Yup!
  55. BrianShader says Another Quest applicant: Satsuma. I've even included discourse on fruit, which may or may not prove useful.
  56. mblase says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I've given Contra it's due for your Quest.
  57. Sverre says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Wrasslin'. More from the past: G.O.O.T.M.U., Raid on St. Nazaire, Seafarers of Catan, Kremlin... There are more... :)
  58. lordaych says my first quest submission, and hopefully not my last -- clickomania!
  59. dutchess says Final quest entry: math games for the classroom. Not destined to be anybody's favorite node, but probably more useful than me writing a fawning description of Pass the pigs.
  60. TenMinJoe says Hello. I humbly submit pub cricket for your nifty quest :-)
  61. jobby says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I submit Bridge Builder for quest, yes?
  62. hookskies says hello there, we created our own, unique for m of tag at my college a couple yrs ago....can i submit that by any chance, i promise it's cool shit Yup!
  63. cecil36 says Here's ceiling fan baseball for your quest
  64. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Oke dokey, sixth submission: Ultima Online.
  65. RoguePoet says For the quest: I just taught the database how to play Bid Euchre. And it's beating me already! Argh!
  66. QXZ says For the quest, I sumbit freezing action figures. Icy!
  67. kaytay says d00d, check it : Omega Virus, my not-so-long-ago favorite (before I discovered the card game Set)
  68. Noung says For the quest: the Discworld MUD.
  69. ^Davion^ says Oh, we all make little mistakes, eh? ;) What do you think of the game? If you want a copy of the full thing, just ask. Yup!
  70. WWWWolf says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: For the Emperor. Space Crusade
  71. wilco says Hey, I'd like to enter JumpingFlash!, because it has a robot rabbit in it. Nuff said. :-)
  72. Cool Man Eddie says JayBonci just cooled your writeup on Everything Quests: Games and Distractions, baby
  73. Cati says Um, I noded Harvest Moon: Back to Nature for the Games and Distractions quest.
  74. e-hadj says Yankee swap is hereby contributed to the Quest - thanks for your time
  75. kslawson says hey, got a node for the games and diversions quest: devil dice, previously a nodeshell
  76. Cool Man Eddie says mr100percent just cooled your writeup on Everything Quests: Games and Distractions, baby
  77. hobyrne says Tear Down the Wall is another one for your games quest.
  78. hobyrne says I wrote Diamonds for the game quest. Somebody stop me!
  79. godling says i hereby thusly submit my entry to the e2 games quest: Peekaboo!! =)
  80. TheBooBooKitty says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Now I have Robot Bowl and Minesweeper (not the minesweeper you are thinking of either), for the quest. I was thinking of the minesweeper game that is not on Windows. Guess this is the one from Windowz :)
  81. frost says i wrote me a node on gyruss. cheers
  82. Wntrmute says Probably a game, definitely a distraction (oh the lecture notes that have been lost), i present for your quest the addictive game of trog
  83. Cool Man Eddie says Yo, the entire node Everything Quests: Games and Distractions was editor cooled. You have a writeup in there; your reward is knowing you're cooler than liquid nitrogen.
  84. trainman says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Assuming games no one's ever heard of are okay, I present Goofy Henkin Pants.
  85. fb10101 says Hi, RP. I humbly submit Zillion for your worthy quest.
  86. Muse says Here's Duck, duck, goose! for your quest. Surprised it wasn't already here.
  87. NotFabio says I just finished a write up on Rainbow Six. Unfortunately, there are two nodes created for Rainbow Six, so they will need to be compressed into one node. This however remains the first such node for the game. Hope you enjoy it!
  88. TheBooBooKitty says Two more for the Quest. GaPlus and Pairs!
  89. mfk says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I sumbit to you my second contribution to the quest, Raider Wars
  90. TheBooBooKitty says Two more for the Quest. Galaga '88 and Chiller! Only 90 more to go!
  91. C-Dawg says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I was about to node Idiot and got lazy; the next day your Quest appeared!
  92. WolfDaddy says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: For truth! For justice! For your quest! I give you Freedom Force!
  93. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Number seven: Ken's Labyrinth. Thanks.
  94. alex.tan says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: i sumbit that you should give recognition to big two aka choi dai di - even if i didn't write them.
  95. BrianShader says Second entry: the board game Sequence. it's the 3rd w/u down, to save you the trouble.
  96. TheBooBooKitty says Two more for the Quest. Water Ski and Boot Hill! Only 88 more to go!
  97. TenMinJoe says Whoops, meant to link to my pub cricket w/u in my previous msg, sorry. Also, I have now noded the bonnie game also
  98. neil says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Submitted for your approval: XBattle
  99. dTaylorSingletary says Skip-Bo is a worthy distraction.
  100. Lucy-S says Whew! Here's another: Using Tarot Cards For Games
  101. Xarai says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I'm submitting Archon for the quest, as there wasn't a decent writeup there. One of my old faves!
  102. Wntrmute says Searching my cupboards for old but good computer games, discovered this gem for the Quest: Netstorm
  103. arrogantsob says I humbly offer Psycho BS
  104. cahla says hey there, permission granted and node is completed Cathedral, i'll add a softlink, too! THANKS!
  105. Magua says Thanks. Did another one for Knightmare Chess.
  106. Palpz says For the Quest, and for the XBox, Halo
  107. eponymous says Please consider my variation of The Name Game in your quest.
  108. DrT says I completed a writeup on the computer game Chip's Challenge.
  109. QXZ says This can't really count for the quest, but check out penultimate frisbee as a game/distraction node just in case there's a metanode in the offing or something.
  110. Chris-O says i humbly sumbit to you SegaScope 3D Glasses for yon Quest on Games and Distractions. thank you.
  111. Ereneta says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I've written up miniature golf, which I can't help but feel is incomplete. Suggestions welcome.
  112. Tiefling says Dragonflight is my first ever quest submission. It's a very old game now.
  113. DrT says I have a second item for your quest on the computer game RattlerRace.
  114. jpfed says re: Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I humbly submit my own creation, Goldrush.
  115. 3Suns says I have completed my writeup of Gazillionaire just for your precious quest. I hope you're happy.
  116. Milen says Well, I contributed a game I made up, Word Disassociation, to the Games and Distractions quest. It has had some testing.
  117. insanefuzzie says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Number seven (I think): Asheron's Call.
  118. 3Suns says The Alphabet Game has been noded for your questing pleasure.
  119. frost says another games writeup, strider this time... enjoy? ^_^
  120. Halspal says Thanks for the Ching, Rancid Pickle, and thanks as always for the pointy pickle gal.
  121. abiessu says I put in a word for Space Empires in hopes that it matches the driving points behind the quest. thank you for another quest!
  122. WWWWolf says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Arr! Donkey Kong Country 2 is here...
  123. sabby says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I present for you fudge which I wrote just for the quest. (Been meaning to check back up on that game, haven't seen it since the 90s.)
  124. RubenAzarja says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20. Yes, it's the 20 Questions board game for the quest!!
  125. Randofu says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Can I node the dead rat game? ;)
  126. Randofu says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I just noded the Pokemon Trading Card Game, and the very act of doing so has made me sad that I would know such information.
  127. Saige says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: hahaha, beware, for I have submitted my first quest entry in who-the-hell-knows-how-long, True Colors!!
  128. Saige says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: and now i'm bustin' out with the old skool games - Toss Across!
  129. Mortice says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I've done Pac-Man (the board game).
  130. renderer says I done warzone 2100 for the quest! I gotta softlink some more, but right now I have to go to rehearsal.
  131. drownzsurf says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I have my submission, broadside (nick of time)
  132. Randofu says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: Woo hoo, finished Beyond Balderdash too. :)
  133. Randofu says Hmm. R_P, I just found a node someone posted about a really good game, like a week before the quest, that got no votes. Could this be included?
  134. Saige says re Everything Quests: Games and Distractions: I am curious as to why my quest entry monster rancher 2 was not accepted, even though it was written before the deadline....

And that does it! Thanks for all the submissions, you've added a bit of depth and history to E2!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.