"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -- Elbert Hubbard

This is Wes Borland from Limp Bizkit's side project, but is nothing like Wes' better known band.

Their first album, Duke Lion Fights the Terror!!, could, on a good day, be called a concept album, but such song titles as Mighty Penis Laser, Kali is the Sweethog, and Blood Red Head on Fire, it's hard to take seriously, but I love it anyway.

Wes' voice is continually manipulated with various gizmos, tuned down for the voice of the bad guys, and higher pitched for the good guys, who sing about our protagonist, Duke Lion ("He's the one that keeps the good from Dyin'")

Occasionally the guitars seem to fall into a parody of black metal and even the stuff Borland does for Limp Bizkit. It's simply funny to hear a riff similar in simplicity to the Break Stuff one with this high pitched, wimpy sounding voice talking about fighting.

The album was produced, engineered, written, and performed by Wes Borland. His wife, Heather claps a little.

To sum up, my girlfriend calls it a mix between Ween, Slayer, and Kraftwerk. Of course, she doesn't like BigdumbFace. She says it's dumb. I don't disagree, but I think it's funny/dumb in a good way.

Members:
Wes Borland: vox, guitar
Scott Borland: guitar
Kyle Weeks: guitar, vox
Greg Isabel: drums, vox
Chris Gibbs: bass, vox

Discography:
Duke Lion Fights the Terror!!(2001), Flip/Interscope.
Big Dumb Metal (2001) (EP)

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.