This is the lowest fat cheesecake in the world, and you can adjust it still further to fit a diabetic diet if you like (I did) it tastes a lot more indulgent than it is.
Shortcrust pastry base, baked blind
Berry jam (raspberry/strawberry/boysenberry) – use sugar-free if you prefer*
500 g Quark
3/4 cup caster sugar or splenda
Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
¼ cup sugar or splenda
- Spread a thin layer of jam on the pastry case
- In a food processor beat quark and caster sugar until well blended
- Add eggs, one at a time and beat well
- Mix in lemon juice and rind.
- Pour the cream cheese batter into the pastry case and bake for 30 minutes, remove from oven and leave to cool.
- Gently heat the topping ingredients in a saucepan until sugar has dissolved, then add arrowroot and stir until mixture thickens.
- Pour over cooled cheesecake
- Chill well before cutting and serving.
*That's jelly for any Americans in the house.